Are you ready to close your Philadelphia swimming pool for the season? Coronado’s Pool Renovations has some helpful tips that will ensure your pool is properly closed up and protected during the cold winter months ahead. Closing your pool properly will ensure a clean, safe pool that will be ready for the next swimming season. We’re already looking forward to it!
Steps to Safely Closing Your Philadelphia Pool
It is essential to follow these steps to make sure your pool is ready to take on a cold winter. Before freezing starts, you’ll want to follow these steps to make sure your pool is protected from the elements and ready to be uncovered for another full swimming season come warmer weather.
- Test the water. Balancing your pool water’s pH levels before closing it will help to ensure there is no corrosive build-up during the off season.
- Thoroughly clean. Cleaning the pool and pool area before closing for the season will help prevent algae growth. This includes skimming any debris from the water, a thorough vacuuming, and brushing.
- Drain water. By draining water to just below the skimmer mouth, you help prevent severe damage that frozen water causes when it expands.
- Clean filter & pump. Rinse out all parts and drain excess water; also remove all jet fittings and skimmer baskets and store with other pool items.
- Prevent pressure build-up. Placing an air pillow in the pool will prevent pressure build-up on your pool’s walls; it will also help prevent heavy accumulations of rain and ice.
- Storage. Remove any leftover items from the pool (toys, cleaning accessories, etc.) and stow these away until next season.
- Cover. Securely place a cover over your pool to keep out debris and contaminants during the next couple of months.
If you follow these steps, you can rest easy knowing your pool is safely closed and waiting for you to enjoy it next summer!
Coronado’s Has the Answers for Your Philadelphia Pool
When it’s time to close your Philadelphia pool for the season, Coronado’s has the 4-1-1 to make it easier for you. With over 25 years of experience, we are a pool renovation company that guarantees quality and demonstrates professionalism. Contact us today for any pool-related questions or pool renovation services—we’d love to help!